Tuesday, January 2, 2018

New Year: Bon Voyage

Because every new year is like a journey into the unknown. Welcome to the future! [My plans for creating a run-of-the-mill "Happy New Year" design were thwarted by the pressing need to rest my brain between holidays. So I did some creative therapy instead. A shout out to Owl City and worship music for keeping me alive while I am focusing so intently, because otherwise I would hold my breath and die of asphyxiation.]

Every new year is a journey into the unknown.

You may have your plans charted out. Or they may lie crumpled in a drawer, while you lie in your bunk with the covers over your head.*

But life hoists the sail without your participation, sometimes.

And as you set sail on this new adventure into the future, I declare a blessing over your journey:


May your soul be awakened to see the view with new eyes.

May your heart be strengthened by the thrill of joy.

May your body be invigorated by the passion of purpose.

May your spirit be exhilarated by a fresh sweep of wind in your sails, the breeze in your hair, and the sunlight on your face.

And may you find the hidden treasure that you are searching for.



Breathe that fresh new air. This is all new territory.

Welcome to the future!


* and by "you" I mean me.