Monday, December 25, 2017

Merry Christmas!

Your average evergreen wreath, hand-drawn and hastily vectorized (with a bit of fade to it) five days before The Big Day. Happy Birthday, Jesus!


You know what's cool about Jesus?

He's the kind of guy who would give you all his presents.

Like you're just sitting there, all alone with no gifts, and he goes, "Hey! You don't have any gifts? I got tons of gifts (because, you know, I'm the Son of God, who's totally a king, and I'm the heir to the throne, plus I actually beat this game, so I have access to Creative Mode and can make gifts appear out of nowhere). So can I give all my gifts to you? I'd really like to, because I think you're amazing!"

That's what Jesus is like.

And guess what you'll find in his presents?


Joy. It's the next step up from happiness, and is much more effective than the average brand. Plus it makes your soul glow. And turns you into a unicorn.

That's right — Joy!
Giddy happiness and forgetting that you were sad.
Fun! Laughter! Sweet, heart-hugging peace.

Because He's that amazing.


º  º  º  º  º



Because one of the rules is that when you live a perfect life, you get joy in return. Paradise, a pain-free life, those kinds of things.

That's just how it works.

Now, obviously you and I aren't perfect. We don't always eat our vegetables. We aren't always kind and sweet to people who make us mad (like our parents when we don't eat our vegetables). We don't always get our chores done with a smile.

But Jesus is perfect. And that's why he has all this joy to give away. And he wants to give you his presents, so you can have joy, even though you're not perfect.

And when you have his presents, you will feel as amazing as he thinks you are.