Thursday, August 9, 2018

Design Notes: Vintage Literary Diamonds

And now for something completely different... because: reasons.

Vintage Art-Deco inspired diamond pattern, inspired by text from a vintage book.
(Large) Vintage Literary Diamonds


So, I just submitted this design to the Spoonflower 1920's Design Challenge. I had hoped for design challenges that match my current penguine style, but the current lineup is 1920's, 1950's, 1960's, and then Victorian Era. :-\  I just couldn't figure out a time-sensitive way to fit some penguins into those categories. :-p

Voting begins today and ends Tuesday (August 14th), so quick, vote!

Vote Vote Vote!

No sign-up necessary to vote, so head over there and wade through hundreds of designs to find mine and vote for it! :-p


And maybe keep an eye on my Spoonflower Design Shop — If my design makes it to the top 50, then it automatically goes up for commissioned sales without any expense on my part. If I make it to the top 10, I'll receive some credits to fund the proofing of more designs! :-)

___   ___   ___


More info:

Spoonflower lets you upload your designs for customers to purchase on fabric, wallpaper, and wrapping paper. As of this writing, it costs $5 to proof a design (plus $1 shipping), and you get 10% commission. They're also partnered with Roostery, which offers home decor items.